Friday, May 15, 2009

3 Days to Go!

I can't believe how fast the time has gone by! The last few weeks have been rough - studying non-stop, sleepless nights, eating junk, and listening to Arthur Miller on Civil Procedure in my car was really wearing me down and zapping my excitement for the approaching summer. But I am finally finished with exams!!! Horray!!! Now I am free to get excited about my trip!!!

Today has been so busy - I am taking care of all the last "business" things, like getting traveler's checks and picking up my contacts so I won't be blind over there. I had lunch with my mom's pastor and his wife; really lovely people - they are so supportive of my trip and promised to read my blog while I'm gone and email me, and I am so glad to have thier support. Brother Danny has done a lot of mission trips overseas; we always gab about India because I think he loves it as much as I do. Really wonderful people!!!

So I have a little update on what's going on plans-wise. My job was originally putting me up in one of thier women's homes, but now it looks like they have made a little apartment at their resource center to accommodate staff in. I will be staying with one other person, a girl from Indonesia named Dominique that is thier Finance Director. Apparently she sings and plays the guitar, and I am glad that I will have her as a roommate. We will also have a dog, but I don't know too much about him/her yet. I'll post pics when I can. One of the things I'm most excited about is that they are installing air conditioning... I couldn't imagine going through the hot Singapore summer without it! Ick!

The apartment won't be ready until the Sunday after I arrive, so from Tuesday-Sunday night I am checking into a hostel (see the pic I pulled from the website below). I have to say, I'm excited and a bit nervous! I have never been out of the country by myself before, but I look forward to going out to the local places and hopefully meeting new people. The hostel came reccommended by my employer, and apparently is only a 15 minute walk from the beach and East Coast Park (also below). How exciting!!! :) Maybe I can get a little sun before I start work so I'll blend in more! LOL!




Alright, gotta get off the comp and go run more errands. Look for another post from me soon; I'm sure I'll be typing away Sunday night before I leave! :)

2 comments:

  1. This is surreal! You will have an amazing time. What a fantastic experience!

    Please 1) be safe, 2) have a blast, and 3) post early and often.

    Love you, sweet friend. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. Love your blog background! ;-)

    ReplyDelete