Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Made It!

Just wanted to let everyone know that I have arrived in Singers safe and sound, and will all of my baggage (yay)! The first thing I can tell you about it here is that it is HOT!!! I'm sitting here sweating just typing!!!

The flights were good but LONG! I slept most of the 8 hour flight from Tokyo to here, so even though it's 3:30 am, I'm raren' to go. I guess maybe because it is 2:30 p.m. at home.

I checked into my hostel and right off the bat met some people. It's above a little bar, and I met a guy from New Zealand that helped me with my luggage, and another guy and girl form Singers. I had a beer with them and chatted for about an hour, until a fight broke out from inside the bar that got carried out to the patio where we were sitting and onto the street. About that time we decided it was time to break the party up, but the guy from NZ gave me his card and told me to call them to hang out. They seemed pretty nice, so I think I will once I get a cell. They also told me I should think about transferring to another hostel owned by the same group that is more centrally located and apparently nicer. I might do just that, depending on how long it takes me to get around tomorrow. This has been an interesting night, that's for sure!

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear you made it! Did you get in touch with my friend in Singapore?! Btw, odd coincidence that both you and my friend working in Asia for the summer as well have the same travel blog design. :)
    - Breanne

    ReplyDelete